Love the idea of a Chocolate Shortbread crossed with a Jam Drop – the best of both worlds.
These melt in your mouth Gluten Free Chocolate Strawberry Shortbread Cookies are flaky, chocolaty and delicious.
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
4 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
1. In a large mixing bowl, cut the butter into small pieces.
2. Add the rice flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder to butter.
3. Mix together with your hands. The dough will look too dry at first but don’t add anything to it. Just keep mixing it, squishing the flour and and butter between your fingers. It will take 5 – 10 minutes but a dark chocolaty dough ball will form.
4. Wrap the dough ball with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
5. On a lightly (rice) floured surface roll out the dough, half at a time. Put the other half back in the fridge until…
View original post 136 more words