I was excited to see this simple recipe on Lattes and Leggings. My gluten-free friend is in the midst of a kitchen renovation and we have dined together a few times. I brought these brownies to a dinner at our mutual friends’ home. I was happy to contribute a gluten-free dessert! 🙂 These are very rich and chocolatey. I modified the recipe by using 72% cacao dark chocolate, lining my 9×9 pan with parchment paper, and adding a pinch of coarse salt. I love that maple syrup is used as the sweetener.
Yield: makes 16 squares
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup (5 to 6 oz) chopped dark chocolate (72% cacao)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch or a 9×9-inch baking pan.
- Arrange the hazelnuts on a baking sheet…
View original post 202 more words